In today`s post I will be more practical :))
Let me ask you a simple question: WHAT IS MOTIVATION?
Dictionary defines the word as “a reason or reasons for acting and behaving in a particular way”.
Now let me ask you again: what is the reason why you act as you do right now? It is because you wanted to do so, really truly? Or because you want to be loved, appreciated, to fit in the society, to please someone else?
On the moment when you find your motivation, you find your reason “why”, and we talked about this a couple of times so far, the you will be able to change your life. Then you will be able and you will have the courage to take that first step towards your dreams. Motivation is what drives us to achieve our goals.
So, what motivates YOU? Money? Recognition? Job satisfaction? Social status? Attitudes? Values? No matter what, after you know what motivates you, set your goals.
Now, here are some principles to follow in goal setting:
- Set specific goals for yourself
- Set challenging goals – there is no point to set an easy goal, as there will be no satisfaction when you reach it and you will lose the motivation to keep going forward.
- You will need acceptance and commitment
- Reward yourself after every goal accomplishment. When was the last time when you rewarded yourself? Think about it.
Now, as you probably know already there are three types of motivation:
- Extrinsic – when you are motivated by money, awards, praise, recognition, benefits. Are you motivated by these? Because in this case, you will rely on external rewards to achieve motivation. Is this what you want? Is this good for you?
- Intrinsic – this type of motivation will rely on your internal values and the reward of feeling good to achieve a positive reaction. How does this sound? Sounds like your motivation? Better than the extrinsic one? Worse? What do you think? In this case you will work hard to reach your goals, to move forward because of yourself. For your inner peace. For you to feel good J
- Addiction – how about this one? When your motivation relies on both external and internal reward. How is this possible? Is this good or not so good? Being addicted. You decide. Make a good decision. It is a destructive type of motivation, because can lead to out-of-balance issues, like working too much, going too much to the gym, forcing yourself to the limits where there is no good for you anymore.
What motivation style would you chose? What works the best for you?
Find your right motivation, find the best reason “why” you want to change your life, why you want to be better, what makes you get out from the bed each morning full of energy and willingness to work toward your goal?
When you find the right motivation, the one which works the best for you, then you will be able to reach your goals. You will be unstoppable.
Let`s do it our way!!
Subscribe to my blog www.cristinakonya.com where more details about events and workshops will come there soon.
Read my book Re-act and change your life what you can buy by following the link below:
#author #books #booklover #faith #love #friends #success #health #wealth #motivation #nevergiveup #theculthouseuk #theculthouse #believe #selfdevelopment #selfhelp #selflove #lawofattraction #thesecret #nevergiveup #success #speaker #myway